Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Than Meets the Eye

It pays to read the manual from time to time.

I remember reading in the iPhone promos that the camera could be acessed quickly from the lock screen. Boy, could I have used that on my commute home.

To learn how to do this, I consulted the Apple website, which also informed me that the camera has a digital zoom feature. Sure enough, a pinch gesture causes a zoom slider to appear. This rounds out the feature set for me. I don’t think I’ll be seeking out a replacement camera app. I did download a 360 panoramic camera which stitches together individual image captures, creating an enormous montage of poorly composed images, and the post processing apps are of greater interest than trying to second guess Apple’s app.

So now, I merely double-tap the home button, a camera icon appears, and I tap that to launch the camera. Much faster than logging in.


No comments:

Post a Comment