Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Annual Autumn Tradition

Today my family and I will be embarking on our annual autumn tradition; a pumkin-picking pilgrimage to Alstedes in Dover. It seems the perfect opportunity load my Holga 120FN with 35mm film and test out the new .5x Wide Angle Adapter.


I’ve estimated that it takes 24 clicks to advance the film to the next frame with a comfortable space between frames. Of course, this space will widen as the diameter of the take-up spool increases, but I don’t feel like complicating things by tracking the number of exposures and compensating. I just want to shoot.

I plan to take this to a consumer lab for processing, so I want to make it as easy for them as possible. Still, I’ll specify no color correction and to leave the film uncut due to the uneven frame spacing. I’ll unload the film at home in a changing bag, the only real hitch in using 35mm film in the Holga 120, due to the lack of a film rewind knob. The changing bag will find a new home with my Holga kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment