Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Old Is New Again

I’m not opposed to buying used equipment. Most of my best Canon FD lenses were used, although in very good condition. But lenses hold their value, they’re an investment. Plastic-bodied cameras do not.


So, I have indeed read the N80 manual cover to cover, and I now know how to use a Nikon autofocus 35mm SLR. In many ways, it’s similar to the D90, so for me this is Nikon boot camp. It’s in great shape, having been used and cared for by a photographer who has great respect for his equipment.

Now, I can do true redscale, X-Pro, 35mm film pinhole, with all the advantages of autofocus. But the best part is, it will force me to always consider FX lenses when making a purchase. And since each FX lens will have double-duty, it will be a greater value.


No comments:

Post a Comment