Saturday, June 26, 2010

My New Olympus

Picked this up at a lawn sale today for $10.00...
Olympus OM-T 35mm SLR
At first I thought it might be broken, but it turns out it just needed a battery to cycle the shutter so the film advance would unlock.

My wife is an Olympus gal. She swears by them. She owns not only this camera, but the venerable OM-7t as well.

Like my original Canon AE-1, it’s a great camera to have in my collection. Unlike the Canon, it’s an aperture priority camera, and does not have a manual mode, hence the “manual adapter”. Just one of the little quirks of Olympus that makes them a unique camera brand. I definitely plan on shooting with this, but before I do, I may need to replace the seals and mirror damper. Then, I can determine whether or not it needs a full-blown CLA.

Not only did I get the body and the excellent 50mm f/1.8 F. Zuiko lens, but it also came with the manual adapter, and a Soligor 95-310mm f/5.6 zoom lens. Nothing to write home about, but fun to play with nonetheless. All in all, a nice find.


No comments:

Post a Comment